Print this page
Text resize increase font size decrease font size

Request for Appointment

Have you ever considered volunteering a small portion of your time to be a member of a city committee, board or commission? 

Applications for City Committees and Commissions are taken on an on-going basis and vacancies are filled as they become available.  Applications may be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered to the City Clerk’s office at 291 N. Main Street.

Request for Appointment Form

Vacancy Announcements

Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Citizens' Advisory and Housing Opportunity Committee

There is currently a vacant seat on the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Citizens' Advisory and Housing Opportunity Committee. This is a one-year term from date of appointment. The CDBG Committee serves in an advisory capacity to the City Council regarding program design, implementation, and assesment, to ensure that Porterville residents are given a full opportunity to participate in the CDBG program. This Committee consists of seven residents of the city, appointed annually by the City Council. The Committee meetings are held yearly, or as needed.

Transactions and Use Tax Oversight Committee (TUTOC)

There is currently one (1) vacancy on the Transactions and Use Tax Oversight Committee (TUTOC). This committee is an independent citizen's oversight committee established by the City Council and charged with monitoring the expenditure of General Fund revenues derived from the Transactions and Use Tax for Public Safety, Police and Fire Protection, and the Transactions and Use Tax for Public Safety and Essential City Services and is comprised of ten (10) members with staggered four (4) year terms. To be eligible for appointment, members must be a resident of Porterville, a business owner or operator.  Meetings are held yearly, or as needed, City Hall, Conference Room, 291 N. Main Street.

Anyone wishing to serve on a commission or commitee is hereby invited to submit a Request for Appointment to the City Clerk.  All Requests will then be forwarded to the City Council for its consideration.  The Request for Appointment forms are available on the City’s website at, or at the Office of City Clerk at City Hall.

For further information please contact Patrice Hildreth at 782-7447.

Maddy Act - Local Commissioner List

In compliance with the requirements of the Maddy Act, Government Code Section 54972, the link above is a list of City of Porterville commission and committee members whose terms run through December 2018.

Note - The names on this list are subject to change based on term exprirations and resignations that occur during the year.  Please refer to the corresponding commission or committe page for current membership rosters.

This list is to remain posted until December 31st of each year.

Sign Up For Alerts

Learn More