Print this page
Text resize increase font size decrease font size
The Parks & Leisure Services Department approves and administers the rental of Centennial Park, Fallen Heroes Park, Murry Park, Veterans Park, Zalud Park, Zalud House Garden, Porterville Sports Complex, City Pool, and Hayes Field. 

  • Reservations are accepted ONLINE or in-person at our office located in Centennial Plaza, 15 E. Thurman Ave., Suite A. 
  • No reservations will be taken after 12 PM on Thursday for the upcoming weekend.
  • Reservations may be made up to one year in advance and early reservation is advised.
  • Reservations are on a first come, first served basis, and MUST BE made 48 hours in advance.
  • Reservations with alcohol and/or amplified music permits require 5 business days notice.
  • You may call the office at (559) 791-7695 to check availability prior to coming down.

Pavilion & Picnic Areas

Covered Pavilion Resident- $60 per day Non-Resident-$75 per day
Picnic Area Resident- $40 per day Non-Resident- $50 per day

See a detailed list of rental options

Monday- Sunday
  • Summer/ Fall- 8 AM- 8 PM
  • Winter/ Spring- 8 AM- 4 PM

Bounce Houses

Are you going to have a bounce house at your party in the park?  All bounce houses used on City property must have an event permit and be rented from a company holds an insurance policy naming the City of Porterville as an additional insured in the amount of $1,000,000.  See authorized bounce house vendors list

Bounce House Permit $27 per permit

Alcohol Tags

Alcohol Tags are only issued to those who rent pavilions or special areas.  Alcoholic beverages are prohibited in all City Parks, unless a permit has been issued by the Parks & Leisure Services Department and the Police Department.  Alcohol Tags must be applied for at least five (5) working days prior to the event.  NO EXCEPTIONS.

A maximum of 1/3 of the total in attendance may obtain alcohol tags not to exceed 25 total.  This request must be completed in-person at least 7 days in advance of the reservation. 

Alcohol Tags $2 per tag (per person)

Outside Amplifier Permit

Amplified equipment must receive approval from the Police Department.  There is no cost to apply.  Applications must be submitted five (5) working days prior to the event.   NO EXCEPTIONS.

  • Outside Amplified Music Permit Application

Zalud House Garden Rental

Garden includes use of the garden area, bridal room, kitchen, tables and chairs.

Deposit (non-refundable if customer cancels)- $75.00
During Regular Hours of Operation- $51 per hour*
During Non-Regular House Hours- $61 per hour*

* Required two (2) hour minimum

Zalud House Hours

Thursday- Saturday, 10 AM-4 PM
(Closed the month of January)

Municipal Pool at Murry Park

1-100 People- $85 per hour
101-200 People- $95 per hour
201-280 People - $105 per hour

More details on Pool rentals

Athletic Courts, Diamonds & Fields

Fields, Courts and Diamonds $15 per day
Field Lights- Youth $10 per hour
Field Lights- Adult $14 per hour
Supervisor Fee (if applicable $15 per hour
Field Maintenance (if applicable) $30 per day
Portable Light Tower $80 per night/ per unit
Tournament Fees* $10 per hour
Commercial Use* $50 per hour
Sports Complex Participant Usage Fee  $1.50 per participant per game

* Lights and supervisor fees are additional

No lights

  • Zalud Park Softball Diamonds
  • Sports Complex Fields and Softball Diamonds
  • Zalud Park Basketball Courts
  • Zalud Park Tennis Courts
  • Hayes Field Softball Diamonds
  • Burton Baseball Fields
  • Pioneer Ball Fields
  • Sports Complex Football/ Soccer Field
  • Sports Complex Softball Diamonds

Administrative Fee

Any requests to make changes must be requested at least five (5) business days in advance, and will be subject to an administrative fee- $3 per transaction

Sign Up For Alerts

Learn More