Print this page
DO MY RECYCLABLES HAVE TO BE SEPARATED?
No! That’s what makes using your Blue Can so easy. All recyclables can be mixed together in your Blue Can. Please make sure to flatten boxes and to empty and rinse containers.
WHAT GOES INTO MY BLUE CAN?
All common household recyclables are accepted:
- ALL PLASTICS - #1 - #7 beverage containers, shampoo bottles, detergent bottles, grocery bags, milk jugs
- ALL GLASS JARS & BOTTLES - beverages, wine, condiment
- ALL STEEL/TIN CANS - soup, fruit and vegetable, pet food
- ALL PAPER - newspaper, junk mail, magazines,office/schoolpapers, grocery bags, telephone books, catalogs, computer paper, file folders, construction paper
- BOXES - cardboard, shipping and packing materials, cereal and otherdry food boxes, shoe boxes, gift boxes
- ALUMINUM - cans, scrap, clean foil
WHAT SHOULDN’T GO IN MY BLUE CAN?
- Food scraps
- Candy wrappers/chip bags/cookie bags
- Light bulbs, mirrors, window glass
- Foil pouches/juice boxes
- Porcelain, china, ceramics
- Used Paper Products (paper towels, plates, etc.)
Hazardous Waste of any kind is NEVER accepted in curbside containers. This includes:
Used oil and filters, paint, poisons, solvents, gasoline, garden chemicals, batteries, fluorescent tubes, computer monitors and television sets.
To download the Blue Can Recycling flier (in PDF format), click here.
To dispose of Household Hazardous Waste responsibly, please come to our Waste Collection Center - Open the third Saturday of Each Month from 8:00am until noon.