Print this page
You will need to verify that your proposed site is zoned for your intended use and that the appropriate entitlement application is submitted by calling or visiting the City Planning Division. Please do this before you sign a lease or purchase land or a building! You must do this before you purchase your Business License. If the proposed site is on or near a State right of way, you may need an encroachment permit.
- Zoning Site
- City of Porterville Planning Division at (559) 782-7460
- For questions, email email@example.com
Building permits are required in most cases when you plan to make physical changes to the interior or exterior of the building you plan to occupy.
- Permit Plan Check Application
Residential Plan Submittal Checklist
Commercial/Industrial Plan Submittal Checklist
- Building Permits Site
- City of Porterville Building Division:(559) 782-7480
- For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are erecting or painting a sign or awning, you will need a full site review and approval before a permit is issued. For more information, contact the City of Porterville Planning Division at (559) 782-7460 or email email@example.com
To assist you in finding the appropriate permitting information for your business, the CalGOLD database provides links and contact information that direct you to agencies that administer and issue business permits, licenses and registration requirements from all levels of government.
The CalGOLD listings include descriptions of the requirements, the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of the agencies that administer those requirements and issue the permits and licenses, and most cases a direct link to the agencies' internet web pages.
Development Fee Payment PlansSome project types are required to pay a variety of development fees. These fees are associated with new commercial and residential developing. The cost are associated with added public infrastructure (roads, parks, library, etc.) needs to serve the development. The City of Porterville offers a deferred payment that allows the development fees to be paid over a period up to ten years without interest. Contact Economic Development Department, Jason Ridenour, for more information at (559) 782-7460.
Opportunity ZonesOpportunity Zones were established by the ratification of the Tax Cuts and jobs Act of 2017, in conjunction with the U.S. Investing in Opportunities Act which created tax incentives for investment in designated census tracts called Opportunity Zones. There were designed to spur growth into low-income communities by encouraging reinvestment of capital gains into certified Opportunity Funds. www.business.ca.gov/Programs/Opportunity-Zones
California Business Portal
The State of California offers a variety of incentive programs to encourage business development in California. To learn more about incentive programs that your business may be eligible for, click on one of the categories below or complete the incentives section of the California Business Navigator. www.businessportal.ca.gov/Incentives
Southern California Edison
- SCE Customer Service Website
- Customer Support: 1-800-655-4555
Southern California Gas
- SoCalGas Customer Service Website
- Residential Customers: 1-877-238-0092 (available 24/7)
- Residential Customers: 001-909-307-7070 (International Callers)
- My Account Support: 1-877-238-0092
- Business My Account Support: 1-800-427-2000
- Commercial, Industrial and Agricultural Customers: 1-800-427-2000
- Hearing Impaired, TDD/TTY: 1-800-252-0259
- Food Service Equipment Center: 1-562-803-7323
- Call Before You Dig: 811 (Free service to mark gaslines near you)
AT&T (Phone and Internet)
- AT&T Customer Service Website
- Customer Support: 1-800-655-4555
- Residential Customer Service: 1-800-288-2020
Water (City of Porterville)
- Wastewater Treatment: 559-782-7501
- Water Providers: 559-782-7514