Porterville is fortunate to have a vital business community, with firms that have a long history in town and give willingly of their time, talent and resources to make Porterville a better place to live and work. As such, each trimester the City of Porterville takes pleasure in acknowledging a local business that has contributed to the community's economic base.
In order to qualify for recognition, a business needs to meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Proven longevity in Porterville
- Major employer
- Significant business growth within a year's time
- Porterville community supporter
- Innovative company
Recognition to include:
- Presentation and acknowledgment at a City Council meeting
- Acknowledgment in a City advertisement in the Porterville Recorder
- Highlight the honoree in the City's newsletter
- Provide link from the City's website to the honoree's website
- Recognition of honorees during the Chamber of Commerce's "First Friday Coffee" each December
If you have questions about the program, or would like to nominate a business to be recognized, please contact City staff at email@example.com.