Contact Information

City of Porterville
291 North Main Street
Porterville, CA 93257
Email Us!

Boards, Commissions, and Standing Committees

Commissioners and committee members may be contacted at City Hall, 291 N. Main Street, Porterville, CA 93257, Phone (559) 782-7466.

Request for Appointment
Have you ever considered volunteering a small portion of your time to be a member of a city committee, board or commission? 

Applications for City Committees and Commissions are taken on an on-going basis and vacancies are filled as they become available.  Applications may be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered to the City Clerk’s office.


Animal Control Commission
There are currently two vacancies on the Animal Control Commission with terms to expire in September of 2018. This Commission serves in an advisory capacity to the City Council on any matters concerning animal control, and is comprised of five (5) members with staggered four year terms. To be eligible for appointment, individuals must reside within the City of Porterville and represent a cross-section of the community.  The Commission shall hold regular meetings, the time and place thereof which shall be determined by the Commission.  Currently, the Commission meets on the second Monday of each month at 5:30 p.m. in City Hall.

Arts Commission
The City is seeking to fill vacancies on the Arts Commission. To be eligible for appointment, individuals must be associated with at least one category of the arts (theatrical/performing; visual/graphic; or music).  The Commission serves in an advisory capacity to the City Council and currently meets on the third Wednesday of each month at City Hall.

Parks and Leisure Services Commission
One vacancy currently exist on the Parks and Leisure Services Commission with a term to expire in October of 2017.  The Commission is comprised of eight members, with seven members appointed by the City Council, and the remaining member appointed directly by Porterville Unified School District.  Commissioners are seated for four-year terms, must be City residents, and serve in an advisory capacity, advising the City Council and the Director of the Parks and Leisure Services Department on the management and control of parks, parkways, public grounds, and leisure services.  Meetings are held on the first Thursday of the month, beginning at 5:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers at City Hall.

Measure R Citizens' Oversight Committee
One vacancy currently exists on this committee, which is charged with monitoring the expenditures and revenues derived from the county-wide 30-year 1/2 cent transportation sales tax approved by the voters in 2006.  The committee meets quarterly and reviews the prior transactions of Measure R and discusses the upcoming projects.

Transactions and Use Tax Oversight Committee (Measure H)
This Committee currently has two vacancies with terms expiring in May of 2020.  This committee was established as a part of Measure H, the public safety one-half cent sales tax measure approved by Porterville voters in November of 2005.  The charge of the committee is to review the revenue and expenditures of the three Measure H budgets (Fire, Police and Literacy), and to report its findings to the City Council.  The Committee is comprised of ten members of the public each serving four-year terms, and is required to meet at least once annually after the adoption of the budget. To be eligible for appointment, individuals must either be a Porterville resident, business owner, or business operator.  Committee members receive no compensation. 

Anyone wishing to serve on a commission or commitee is hereby invited to submit a Request for Appointment to the City Clerk.  All Requests will then be forwarded to the City Council for its consideration.  The Request for Appointment forms are available on the City’s website at, or at the Office of City Clerk at City Hall.

For further information please contact Patrice Hildreth at 782-7447.

City Government | City Departments | Living Here | Business Here | Visiting Here | Leisure | Contact Us
Web Info | Search | Disclaimers | Accessibility | Home

For comments or corrections, please email the webmaster.